Thursday, May 10, 2012

Creating A Night Routine

I won't lie, there are morning when I feel like this woman. I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen and living room. A few years ago I learned how to create a morning and night routine. This has saved me. I have been slacking lately but now I have the motivation to put the routines back into place. If you need some help keep on reading.

Night Routine

Start this right after dinner, right before you plop your little tush on the couch. 

1. Clean and sweep your kitchen.
         Pick up your mess from dinner. Load and START your dishwasher. Wipe down your counters and table. Take your broom or vacuum and clean up the floor.
        This shouldn't take you to long. Have the family help. Have the kids put their dishes in the sink after they eat. You'll be so happy in the morning when you wake up to a clean kitchen ready for you to start your day!

2. Clean your living space.
          If you have a family room or living room in the main area of your home, pick it up! find the spots that you always dump things on and pick it up. You know the area's of your home that stuff always seems to migrate to, desk, coffee table or end table.

3. Create a TO GO zone. 
       This is your spot where you have everything you need or the family needs to take with them the next day. Have them gather their backpacks, bags, musical instruments, SHOES, coats, and hats. You get the picture. Everything is ready to grab and go.

4. Prepare Lunches for the next day.
          I am not a morning mommy, so doing what I can the night before to prepare their lunches is a time saver. If your kids use a cooler lunch box then score! Make their lunches and have them ready in the refrigerator.  If your brown bag lunches line them up on the counter and add what is not cold in them. So in the morning all you have to do is add the refrigerator items and off you go!

5. Think about tomorrows dinner.
        Look at your menu, pull anything out of your freezer that needs defrosting.  Are you using the crock pot? Bring it out on to your counter to remind yourself in the morning that you need to get started on dinner.
 
6. Take care of yourself
       This is your time to unwind. watch your favorite show, do your nightly beauty routine, read your book or scriptures, write in your journal, Do what ever, it's your time! Just make sure you head to bed at a decent hour.
--------------------------------------------------------
        This has helped me so much when I feel like I'm drowning. Sit down and think about your night routine and write it down. You'll love your mornings when you wake up and your kitchen and living areas are clean!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great ideas : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!! I have watched your videos and you inspire me! Your a good mom! I have tried some of your recipes and me and husband loved it! Our home consist of me and my husband and three cats and a doggy... they are my babies... I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your videos. thank you!! also you have the sweetest family.. God bless!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your videos! I'm trying to get more organized. I was wondering if you had your routines and menu plans in printable forms? I really like the way you do things and wanted to try the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kimmy im a mom of three and i need some advice on some freezer meals i work 11 hours a day it is hrad to cook a fresh meal every day

    ReplyDelete