Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Creating Your Morning Routine



Could waking up to a clean kitchen and living area make you as happy as this lady? I say yupper! The other morning when I woke up to order I felt like I could conquer the day. It was so nice. So now that you have down your night routine, let's talk about a morning routine.

Morning Routine

1. Make your bed.
        As soon as you all are out of the bed, make it. You are less likely to crawl back in when it's all perfect and pretty. I always feel so good walking back in seeing that it's made. I'm weird but it actually motivates me to clean.

2. Shower and get ready for the day.
         If you are a working mom you probably already get yourself ready first. Fantastic. I'm a SAHM and I sometimes don't think of myself first. There are mornings that I do get up on time and get ready, I feel more awake when I do. When my baby is napping I don't have to spend that time getting myself ready I can use that time for something else. I could read a book, work on a project, watch my favorite movie, well just about anything.

3. Start a load of laundry
       This has to be the best tip I ever have gotten. This helps me a lot. When I do this my laundry never piles up. By doing this I do at least two loads a day and with 6 in our house, the laundry sure does pile up quick.

4. Empty the dishwasher
      Since you loaded and started the dishwasher the night before you are ready to unload all the clean dishes and  ready to take on the day's mess. There really is no excuse to keep dirty dishes in the sink.

5. Check your calendar
         Everyone should be on the same page. We all use our calendars on our phones but do we really know what's going on with everyone else. Having a family calendar helps everyone know what the flow of the day is like.

6. Think about dinner
       Just like your night routine you'll also do this in the morning. If you are using your crock pot you might want to start it. I have forgotten I was making a crock pot meal and it was to late to start it. There was no way dinner was going to be on time.

Well this is my morning routine. Everyone's is different because  our lives are all different. I promise by creating a routine you'll save yourself time and notice that you'll get a lot accomplished.




     

6 comments:

  1. I found you at youtube and I love your videos. I am a SAHM in Norway. I like organizing and flylady as well. I was happy to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Us SAHM's need a lot of motivation to keep on going. I like to share what motivates me. Plus you're my first blog follower!

      Delete
  2. I found you on YouTube and really enjoy your videos. Within a couple of minutes of watching your video for the first time, I thought you were a member of the LDS church like me. When you mentioned girls camp, I knew it! I've since watched more that confirmed it. Thanks for being such a great representative of our faith. There is another YouTube lady who doesn't represent us well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom D, Thank you. I'm having fun with the videos. It really helps me stay motivated. I can get really lazy. I'm slow on this blog. I find it easier to do a video. LOL. I'm a dork but I'm getting more done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what my routine has become like. I homeschool and just had baby #4 so I find that if I get up before the kids and get these things going plus read The Word then I feel so much better and am ready to start things with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what my routine has become like. I homeschool and just had baby #4 so I find that if I get up before the kids and get these things going plus read The Word then I feel so much better and am ready to start things with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete